Saturday, October 1, 2016

Does anyone have experience appealing home tax assessment in Seattle?


I recently received the city assessment for tax purposes on my home and property. Today, and historically, they peg my home at about exactly what it would sell for. However, all of the homes around me tend to be assessed at around 2/3 to 3/4 their true value. For example, if my home were to be sold for $400k, it is assessed at $400k. However, a neighbor's home might also sell for $400k, but it is assessed at $280k.Do I have any ground to stand on at all for an appeal? It doesn't seem right that I end up paying more taxes for the same property as my neighbors. I've looked at dozens of tax assessments in my neighborhood and they all seem to follow this trend, but for some reason my home is pegged almost exactly to the Zillow estimate for tax purposes. via /r/SeattleWA http://ift.tt/2cJqYX7

No comments:

Post a Comment