Thursday, September 29, 2016

Travel Tips for exploring the peninsula/Olympic National Park


We are visiting from Texas for a week and needing some advice on our Olympic National Park adventure. A nice person on here gave me some tips already on what to see in that area but I'm wondering how much of these things can reasonably be done in each day. We plan to spend 3 nights in the area (maybe 2 in Port Angeles, 1 in forks OR 1 night near Lake Quinault).Places of interest near Port Angeles are: Lake Crescent, Hurrican Ridge, Staircase, ferry to Victoria. I'm assuming the victoria trip would require a full day, but wondered about the other three destinations. Are they something that could be done in a single day? Should we skip Victoria to have more time in the Park or consider a night in Victoria?Then we thought about moving to Forks location for 1 night to focus on the Hoh rainforest, Ruby Beach and maybe other beaches. Do we need more time here?Up for debate, should we keep traveling down to Quinault or will visiting Lake Crescent make up for not going here? We will be in a rental car (coming from and returning to Seattle) and wondered if making the loop around peninsula vs. staying up north would be more beneficial as far as time goes...Another consideration: is I will be about 7 months pregnant so I cant go super hard every day. But I certainly want to see as much as possible! My apologies if this isn't allowed on this sub. I'm not super familiar with reddit, but I certainly would appreciate any tips! via /r/SeattleWA http://ift.tt/2dhoJwP

No comments:

Post a Comment